Thursday, February 19, 2009

Part 2 of Colleen's Baltimore visit

As you will note below, "Colleen and Chris" was reborn Wednesday with Colleen's visit to Baltimore as a stop-over on her way to Florida. It was our first outing since the fall of 2006, though we still trade emails and the occasional phone call.

To add a few items to Colleen's post below:

-- Most of the cool point items were covered, though a traffic cop lost 83 points for making Chris turn around and re-route while trying to get on I-83 Wednesday evening. Chris also lost two points for "lack of knowledge" when Colleen asked him about a picturesque building (it was a Catholic church, as it turns out.) Colleen fails to mention that she lost five points for knocking over part of a display at the dentist museum, though she redeemed herself with the iPod discovery. The movie theatre lost a total of 5,000 points. Colleen ended with 86 points, while Chris ended .... well, let's just say in the negatives. It was a tough day and Colleen was stern but fair.

-- Chris can't emphasize enough how easy the BWI Airport was to navigate. I generally hate driving around airports, but BWI was a piece of cake. Of course, Colleen arrived late Tuesday and left early Thursday, so that probably helped.

-- Glad we got to visit the Harbor, even if it was brief. You can't visit CV and Baltimore without a stop at the Harbor. The ribs Colleen mentions below were the second-best I've had (albeit a distant second behind the Depot in Dobson, N.C.)

-- Colleen and Chris both played a "stop the shot" lacrosse game at the sports museum. Best I recall, we each blocked one of two shots. But I played the faster level, so I get more points.

-- Chris can't wait to see the photo of Colleen in giant shoes from the museum. She took a photo of me wearing a Ravens jersey and helmet. Chris looked ridiculous, but it was in the name of fun.

-- Chris was surprised that the Oriole Park scoreboards were on Wednesday. Who's paying the power bill to run the scoreboard on an icy day in February?-- I gave Confessions of a Shopaholic 7 Reese's Cups. Combined with Colleen's 6, that's a final score of 6.5 Reese's Cups. The presence of Isla Fisher didn't hurt. As Colleen says, the movie took awhile to find itself but turned out well. The theatre needs some help.

-- Chris realizes he should have watched more Law and Order over the years. Maybe I'll go get the DVDs sometime.

I think that covers it. Colleen and Chris wreaked a good amount of havoc in the Piedmont-Triad in 2005-06, and it was fun doing the same for a day in Baltimore. A good time was had by all. -- POSTED BY CHRIS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home