Saturday, July 09, 2011

July 4, 2011

Posted by Guest Columnist: JON CAIN

Colleen and Chris provided an excellent write-up of the patriotic events of this day. I'll add a few of my favorite memories that are accompanied by some colorful photos.

The rain delay was a long one, but it wasn't just the baseball and good company that made it worth the wait. A rainbow over Winston-Salem appeared just before game time - a sign of good things to come.


While the new ballpark certainly isn't Historic Ernie Shore Field, I got the feeling the presence of Ernie Shore and former mascots Wally and Wilbur weren't forgotten. Multiple attempts to capture the NEW mascot Bolt on camera were thwarted, I believe, by the ghosts of Wally and Wilbur.


In the end, I got a good one:


I particularly enjoyed the promotional team "hosts" for the various games and singalongs. J.J. was the best, but this gal I like to call J.C. was a close second.


That photo reminded me of home, as did the Dash player Austin Yount, who I am pretty sure is related to intrepid NECN reporter Scot Yount.


One thing is for sure, if we ever form a NECN softball league, I will pick Scot in round one of the draft.

Also for sure?

A good time was had by all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home